Following our ‘What Kind of Region Do We Want To Live In?’ event in Manningham, Bradford in November 2015, the organising group have become the Same Skies network – working for a hopeful, fair, prosperous and inclusive regional democracy.
The network’s priorities are:
– enabling ‘unheard’ voices to be heard as effectively as possible.
– encouraging the democratisation of devolutionary processes towards self-determination.
– identifying and supporting positive ideas for regional democracy.
– engaging with people across political parties and of none whilst also ensuring that the collective engages on its own terms and doesn’t allow itself to become a tool of any one political party.
The founding members of the network are:
– Leila Taleb @leilastaleb
– Yoshiko Stokoe @notyosheeko
– Alex Schafran @alexschafran
– Andrew Wilson @hannahfestival
– Ian Martin @ianeastleeds
All founding members of the Same Skies network live and work in West Yorkshire.
We will often communicate via our:
– Twitter @SameSkiesBlog